Translate into Russian

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Leaving On a Slow Train...

It is Saturday afternoon August 4, and in about two hours I leave for an extended trip. The first leg of the journey will be by train and bus as I travel to the town of Crystal Goose, about 300 kilometers south of Nizhny Novgorod. I will be attending the wedding of Sasha Lukmanov and his beautiful bride Ksusha. Karen and I had the privilege of leading them through pre-marital counseling this spring.

After the wedding I will take another bus to the city of Vladimir. I will overnight in Vladimir and from there I will take a train to Moscow. From Moscow I take a 36 hour train trip to Novorossiysk.

I will be attending a conference of pastor and drug rehab leaders for several days and then I will visit the church and rehab center in Novorossiysk. There will also be some time just to hang out with some young Russian pastors and have fun together. Several of us will return to Nizhny Novgorod on a hot, slow train in August. Despite that the relationship opportunities are great and I am looking forward to much language practice as I will be without a translator for most of the trip.

I will post several stories and some photos when I return on August 18. As you read this post I would ask that you pray for our safety on this trip. Traveling in Russia without a translator and by myself is intimidating.

If you have Skype phone service on your computer, you can send me an text message at +79601794984 . I won’t be able to respond to Skype but it’s worth a try.

No comments: