Translate into Russian

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sunday In Nizhny Novgorod

It's Sunday evening and I wanted to do a quick post.

Church was a lot of fun today. Because of my travels I haven't been to a Sunday service in three weeks. I was warmly greeted by many people and everyone asked how Karen was and when she would be back.

One interesting side effect of being a little bit better in the language is that a lot of people think that I understand more than I do. They then feel freer to try and speak to me, and assume that I understand them. This forces me to listen really closely and to speak much more than before. All in all it's a good thing.

There were about 90 people in church today, an all time high. The church continues to grow and the attendance shows it. This is unusual in the summer in Russia, as so many people often spend the entire summer away from the city.

The church is also growing by conversion. Today eight people prayed a prayer of repentance at the close of the service. The drug rehab work is flourishing also. More than a dozen people have graduated this summer from the first three months of the program. Today 3 people entered the program, and all of them will probably become followers and disciples of Jesus over the next 3 months. Karen and I will have the privilege of teaching them over those months.

The rehab work here is having a big impact for the Kingdom of God. We have a need for $10,000 to $15,000 to purchase a small village home for a permanent center. If you would be interested in helping with this please email us at Missionarycouple@Comcast.net

No comments: