Translate into Russian

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Lakeland Revival

I have been reading a lot both pro and con on the "Lakeland Revival" and Todd Bentley. I thought that this article was interesting article. matthewdgreen.com: I Visited the Lakeland Revival

Let me know your thoughts.

I can't judge what I haven't seen but I think that the American church is too busy seeking signs. I think if a church wants to have "revival" perhaps they should close down the Sunday service once a month and visit a homeless shelter, drug rehab center, crack house or somewhere else where hurting people hang out.

The Prophet Isaiah said it well

Isa 58:6-11

6 "Is not this the fast that I choose:
to loose the bonds of wickedness,
to undo the straps of the yoke,
to let the oppressed go free,
and to break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your bread with the hungry
and bring the homeless poor into your house;
when you see the naked, to cover him,
and not to hide yourself from your own flesh?
8 Then shall your light break forth like the dawn,
and your healing shall spring up speedily;
your righteousness shall go before you;
the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.
9 Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer;
you shall cry, and he will say, 'Here I am.'
If you take away the yoke from your midst,
the pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness,
10 if you pour yourself out for the hungry
and satisfy the desire of the afflicted,
then shall your light rise in the darkness
and your gloom be as the noonday.
11 And the Lord will guide you continually
and satisfy your desire in scorched places
and make your bones strong;
and you shall be like a watered garden,
like a spring of water,
whose waters do not fail.
ESV

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only saw Todd Bentley one night on TV for a couple hours, but it left the impression with me of a lot of the flesh, and little of the Holy Spirit. He was shaking his head as hard as he could from side to side while saying, I can't stand and minister with my head shaking like this, or something to that effect. No Duh...neither could anyone else. Did God get glory from his head wagging? I doubt it. And the Bible says not to make marks on yourself. Would God change His mind and contradict His own word for Todd? Again, I doubt it. My feeling, and it's just "my feeling", not "thus saith the LORD", is that there are thousands of people going and genuinely seeking God, hoping this is the real thing, but I think it's a counterfeit sent to distract people from the real thing that God really wants to do, and WILL do through someone of His choosing. And sadly, when the real thing comes along, it will be blown off as fake by those who were taken in by the counterfeit. Again, that's just my take. If God is really using Todd, then, may God get the glory, and not man. I'm not judging the man, for his heart may really be right with the Lord, who am I to judge another's servant? But I'm judging the fruit, and we should do so. How does all this line up with Scripture?

Amrita said...

I agree with you .

Instead of seeking signs, lets start producing signs in our own lives.


I fgound the article by M Green very interesting. I sometimes watch Bently on God TV, his messages lack solid Biblical teachings, the tatoos kinda take me aback.